By Hannah Moss | October 26, 2012
Top 10 Beauty Buys
This week Samar from Sosostyleme spills the contents of her make-up bag and gets lippy about the beauty must-haves every girl needs.
As every Woman knows, there are those few products of excellence that really shape our external and internal beings.This is more apparent first thing in the morning, when all you want to do is look your absolute finest, without looking like you’ve spent all morning getting rid of those dark shadows! I remember when I was in my late teens, and a round with a Rimmel concealer was all I needed to transform myself from tired bed face to morning beauty! With a sharp and plentiful selection of beauty products on the shelves of our friendly high street stores, it’s actually hard to be able to choose which products suit us best! I myself remember choosing and then losing products that I was adamant were right for my skin – let’s just say experience has certainly got the better of me! With a firm belief that beauty is indeed, skin deep – it’s imperative to balance out what’s good for your skin and what looks good on your skin. My Top 10 Beauty Must-Haves are as follows…
1. Boots Glycerine Rose Water: Something I seriously cannot live without. Not only is it replenishing and light, but it also helps your skin to look less tired and affected by everyday cosmopolitan city pollution. Just applying a few drops of this and it will really leave you looking and feeling refreshed. What’s even better? It acts as a cleanser, moisturiser and toner, which not only saves time, but at £2.99, is great value for money!
2. L’Oreal True Match Foundation: If you’re anything like me, finding the right tone of foundation for your skin can be a complete nightmare! I remember actually spending years on the hunt for a suited tone. More often than not, this would result in a ‘blending experiment’, with one colour never being enough! I’ve been a fan of L’Oreal products for a while and their best beauty product to date, has to be their True Match Foundation, doing exactly what it says on the tin – matching your tone, perfectly! At a very reasonable £10.20, True Match lasts for up to 16 hours, and can win over any weather condition! Suited for a wide range of skin types, this is a must with a capital M!
3. No. 7 Natural Blush Cheek Colour: When it comes to showing off those cheek bones (we all have them ladies!) I tend to stick to quite neutral shades, without drawing more emphasis than is necessary, as I personally prefer to draw focus to my lips and eyes. The No. 7 Natural Blush Cheek Colour remains a favourite of mine – so easy to apply, and sweeps off your blusher brush, without carrying any excess. Light and at just £8, great value for money!
4. Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream: Okay, we all know how great Bobbi Brown products can be. The marvellous range of make-up is a treat in itself, but have you taken a look at their beauty care selection? One product I use religiously; their Extra Eye Repair Cream, is lightweight and effective. Don’t be fooled by the size of the pot – this is one example of ‘a little going a long way.’ It is a little on the expensive side at £38 a pot, but well worth it. The importance of investing in a good cream results in fewer lines and wrinkles below the brow line and under your eyes – it’s all about keeping them youthful, bright and sparkly!
5. RED By Kiss Perfect Eye Lash Curler: There are days when I choose to opt for a much more make–up free look, so together with a light amount of colour matching foundation, I love to give my lashes that natural kick! Kiss Perfect’s Eye Lash Curler does just the trick, without straining my inner lash line and giving a fresh result. I also like to use these before applying a fresh layer of Mascara – giving my eyes more definition and size! At a very reasonable £6.20, this makes for cheap and cheerful lash curling!
6. Mac Marilyn Monroe Eye Kohl: Okay, this is a new buy for me, and one I am so glad to have bought it! Again, being a huge fan of Mac products, it’s actually surprising that I hadn’t tried a Mac eye pencil before, so you’ve guessed it – I opened the door to curiosity, and I am now ‘meowing’ like a hopeless kitty! I am completely in love with this eye liner, it glides along your inner (water line) and outer line, effortlessly and the results really speak for themselves! At a modest £14, they don’t call it Marilyn Monroe Eye Kohl for nothing!
7. The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm in Watermelon: I’m a real lover of keeping my lips soft at all times. We’ve all gone through that stage of biting our lips, but it’s safe to say a fresh pout is definitely in! The amazing range from The Body Shop leaves you spoilt for choice, and I have been a fan of their lip balms for years now! Their Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm selection is absolutely wonderful, and the flavours speak for themselves! At a great buy of just £2, this is one to keep in your handbag at all times!
8. Mac Sheen Supreme Lipstick in New Temptation Colour: This is my signature lippy and it’s so in season. Mac’s Lipsticks range from ruby to berry and to more relaxed, neutral tones. These lipsticks are perfect for day to evening wear, light and long lasting. The New Temptation colour can be applied with ease – there’s no extra brush needed with this lippy! At £14.50, you have to remember you are paying for a quality lipstick, that looks and feels amazing! A personal favourite that stays permanently in my clutch bag!
9. Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara: Simply divine! Max Factor have been renowned for bringing out a series of much loved Mascaras. The one that I have been using for quite some time now is the False Lash Effect Mascara. Easy to apply with a good size brush, and being one of the few mascaras that doesn’t tend to clog up as much! At £10.99, this is both affordable and serious quality lash lifting! A definite yes in my beauty handbook!
10. Alba Botanica Body Lotion: Last but not least, this is an absolute must for those looking to get that ‘fresh’ feel to their skin. Botanica’s range is extremely popular and affordable, too! The best thing about this lotion is its combination of aloe vera, chamomile and green tea! Great for dry skin, and just a few squirts do the trick. I usually buy mine over the internet for a great price of £7, but it’s readily available in lots of high street stores too.