By Mary Adeyini | | Pass it on:

Meet the Team: Katie Brown

At SalesGossip, our editorial team is growing and we are pleased to introduce Katie Brown who is our editorial intern. Here Katie tells all about her love for fashion, writing and Chanel

Hey, I’m Katie and I have loved fashion for as long as I can remember. Fashion is a great way to express yourself and I think you can tell a lot about a person simply from looking at what they have chosen to wear. As for fashion editorial, I got more into that whilst being at uni where I began writing for the fashion and beauty sections of the student newspaper. It was a chance for me to combine my two favourite things (fashion and writing) and that was great!

What was your last purchase in the sales?

My last purchase in the sale was a dark purple blazer from New Look (saving 60%) and an orange lace 50s style dress from Dorothy Perkins (saving 80%).

Tell us about the best bargain you have ever found?

I can’t think of one, but I do hate it when you buy something and then a week later you see it in the sale. Has to be THE most annoying thing ever!

If you could only shop in only one store, which would you choose and why?

If I had an endless supply of money, I’d only shop in Chanel because all of their pieces are so timeless, classic and will never go out of fashion. But if I was to be more realistic it would probably be Topshop or New Look as they always stock the latest fashions and always at affordable prices!

Who are your favourite designers?

For accessories it would be Louboutin and Mulberry. For clothing it would probably be Stella McCartney as I think she makes some amazing dresses.

Who are your style icons?

Zooey Deschanel, Katherine Jenkins and Beyonce, but all for very different reasons (I probably just have body envy).

Who would be your dream shopping companion?

I know it is pretty boring but probably my best friend because then you know you are going to get an honest opinion.

Which winter trends will you be shopping for?

I love this season’s army/military trend but I think it is important not to over do it. Personally, I think a khaki dress or jacket is much better than top to toe camo print.

Have you ever had an embarrassing moment whilst out shopping you’d like to share with us?

Not that I can think of.

What would you love to find with 75% off?

A Mulberry bag. I want one SO much!!!

What would be your number one tip for successful sales shopping?

Don’t get stressed out AND don’t buy something just because it is in the sale and looked amazing on someone else – it doesn’t always mean it will look great on you.

Thank you Katie and welcome to SalesGossip!

Comments