The Oscars countdown is on, so we’re getting into the award ceremony spirit with a nostalgic trip down a red carpet lined memory lane. 2012 was the year when stars from Stacy Keibler to Meryl Streep shone in gorgeous golden gowns.
If only we could all get a dose of good old Hollywood glamour. I don’t know about you but at SG HQ we’d settle for a glamorous new dress.
Well, you can stop daydreaming because when it comes to Oscar worthy dresses there are some great gold options out there – and you can get the real deal without a blockbuster budget. Here’s how..
1. Rent It: If you’ve seen it on the red carpet, sourced it in a designer boutique and tried to hide your expression of shock at the number of zeros on the price tag, you need to take a look at Girl Meets Dress. Find your dream dress, wear it then send it back – it really is as easy as that, and it costs a fraction of the price you’d pay for a designer dress.
2. Hit the Outlets: If you can’t bear the thought of being parted from your dream designer dress, outlets are a great place to find past season stock with amazing savings. If there isn’t store near you, just look at the discounted offerings available online at THE OUTNET.
3. Search SalesGossip: Designer labels have sales too. Just look at the listings for women’s dresses on SalesGossip.
5 of our Favourites:
1. Ruth Tarvydas Hidden Gem Gold Sequin Dress, HIRE £69 RRP £640 Girl Meets Dress
2.Diva Sophia Jessica Gold Assymetric Gown, HIRE £39 RRP £285 Girl Meets Dress
3. Temperley Long Vesta Gathered Dress, WAS £950 NOW £380
4. Oscar de la Renta Pleated Gold Lame Gown, WAS £3965 NOW £1387.75 THE OUTNET
5. Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Savannah Sequined Gown, WAS £7875 NOW £2756.24 THE OUTNET
Now they’ve got to be award winning savings. Just call us the best supporting shoppers!